Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 102

Thread: gretchen wilson

  1. #51
    Inactive Member imported_JustaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2005
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gretchen wilson

    I can agree with you, Big & Rich do suck, along with Cowboy Troy, whick falls in your category of Rap.

  2. #52
    Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gretchen wilson

    ok thats good you feel that way rap sucks i am glad that you voice your opinion but you know what that is just your opinion. you dont speak for everyone and in saying that i feel like gretchen is a waste of time who doesn't write her own music who is a fake and nothing but a show but you know what that is just my opinion and it is always different strokes for different folks and it will always be that way so if you think you are going to make me lose sleep by saying rap sucks then preach on
    2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

    R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

  3. #53
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gretchen wilson

    I've never understood why being shot and shooting people would be something you would boast about in a song...doesn't really add up to me. I know quite a few country singers have been shot but I don't hear them releasing a single about it every week. Trace Adkins almost died from being shot, Tracy Lawrence was shot like 5 or 6 times and lived through it. Marc Cohn was shot in a robbery just a few days ago...I'm sure Willie, Waylon, Merle, or George has been shot or stabbed atleast once but I dont think they were bragging about it on every other album release thank goodness! I would say the reason is because its not something they are terribly proud of which is actually a normal behavioral reaction!

    Lyrics to the next big country hit:
    "Hey look everybody, I got shot...
    whoopee I'm awesome dude" ...
    "and oh by the way my truck broke down
    and my wife left me too"

    If any of you copyrights that I will sue.

  4. #54
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gretchen wilson

    Best music you can listen to is good old Gospel! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

  5. #55
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gretchen wilson

    we have different types of music we like...i think most rap sucks simply because it doesnt appeal to me because i cannot relate. how is gretchen wilson any more fake then 50 cent? she is living her life the way she wants to live it...do u honestly think 50 cent is "real" that he doesnt put on a show?

    better question if you walked up to 50 cent right now and asked for an autograph what would he say?

    All I am saying is if you wanna call Gretchen Wilson fake then be my guest we are all entitled to our personal opinions. However Gretchen does give alot back to the community and she is a voice alot of ppl can relate too...She relates to the lower/middle class woman of america, she isn't drop dead beautiful like; faith hill, or sara evans, she is very plain, but that is what makes her sexy.
    She seems really down to earth. If you don't like country music that is fine, just don't put others down for enjoying it.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  6. #56
    Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gretchen wilson

    ok then first off that is just your opinion about rap and 50 just like mine about gretchen

    how are you going to say 50 cent is fake when i have watched interviews on CNN about him and how he sold drugs and stuff...so you are going to say CNN are liers(sp) when they have to do research before they make a story...then maybe you know more than i think you do LOL and yeah 50 cent is no longer real cause he doesnt sell drugs no more but he raps about his past

    and i never put anybody down for listening to country music so dont add words to my comments cause that really pisses me off...and i never said i did not listen to country music...i just said i hated gretchen wilson and i dont like it where country music stars don't write their own music
    2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

    R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

  7. #57
    Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gretchen wilson

    and another thing dont think for one minute that people cant relate to 50 or eminems music...i know i cant but i just like it...but dont think that they aint people in the citys going through the same things
    2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

    R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

  8. #58
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gretchen wilson

    hate is an awful descriptive word for someone you have never meet and are judging them strickly on there music talent.

    i don't like 50 cent's music, but if I meant him in person and still didn't like him I wouldn't hate him. haha
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  9. #59
    Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gretchen wilson

    well you just worry about your own problems and let me worry about mine and if i want to hate something then i will
    2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

    R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

  10. #60
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gretchen wilson

    Yeah 50 is still a thug. Come on, he may still not do right, but he's corporate now. Yeah he had a rough life and got shot. Lots of people get shot and probably can rap or sing as well as him, he's just got connections and then went corporate enough, or sold out enough to make it and keep at it. They all do or they disappear.

    I can't figure out condeming a video or a movie or a song though. I mean sure they might glorify a certain life style or action, but I guarantee you that if you made a video that showed 50 in a classroom struggling to do his work or Gretchen Wilson studying the Bible, it isn't going to make people suddenly do good, no more than showing her driving drunk or him rapping about shooting someone is gonna make them do it. That's what I call a complete cop out. Just like McDonalds made you spill the hot coffee on yourself, people always want to blame others for their faults.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •